Information regarding COVID-19 as of 23/3/2020
Racecourse Road Veterinary Clinic is currently OPEN and offering a FULL SERVICE to our patients and clients.
Our priority is to maintain the health of our staff and provide our patients and clients with the care that they need. Below is an outline of the changes we will be implementing to minimise the risks for our staff and clients.
What we are doing to reduce the spread of COVID 19 within our practice.
We have always maintained strict hygiene and disinfection protocols within the practice however, in light of the current situation we have increased our precautions.
- We request that if you are unwell or showing respiratory symptoms you do not visit the clinic and instead ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in.
- We are requesting that as much as possible or practical only one member of each family visits with their pet.
- To reduce waiting in the reception we will give clients the option to let reception know you have arrived (by popping in or phone) and waiting outside or in your car and one of our team can let you know when your consultation is ready.
- We ask clients to use the hand – sanitiser provided at reception before and after visiting the clinic.
- We will be stopping work at the clinic 3 times daily to ensure all floors, hard surfaces and common use surfaces (eg phones/eftpos terminals, computer terminals) are fully dis-infected.
What are we doing to help if you are self isolating and your pet requires treatment?
- Please ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in. We will be offering a drop in service where pets can be dropped at reception and we will admit to clinic for examination and consultation with the owner over the phone.
- We will be offering a home drop off service for repeat medication or food in the local area. We will prioritise this service for those clients with greater need; and ask that you be understanding if we are unable to provide this service to all.
- We are currently investigating the possibility of conducting a limited range of consultations (eg rechecks or post op checks) by video conferencing or telemedicine.
What if your pet requires repeat medication or prescription food?
- If you require repeat medication or food, please phone ahead to order.
- While our suppliers assure us there is currently ready supply it is inevitable that there may be shortages in the coming weeks.
- Please consider whether you need to purchase additional supplies for your pet. We ask that you consider our other clients and purchase responsibly.
What will happen in the next few weeks?
Over the next few weeks we will continue to monitor the situation closely and act on any advice from health or government authorities. Our aim is to stay open as much as possible to be able to provide your pets with the care they need. This may require some changes to our staff rosters, hours or services so we ask for your patience and understanding during these times.
We will be providing further updates on our Facebook pages so please ensure you follow these to stay up to date.